I actually managed to paint BOTH hands with this design. I know, crazy! And I like how this ended up looking kind of like a batik pattern.
I started with one coat of my favorite black: Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris. Then I added the designs using white acrylic paint.
After I had gone through and added the white designs, I topped them with a very watered down yellow wash of acrylic paint. This did not have to be super exact, because I wanted to give it a hand made kind of feel.
Finally I added bits of orange acrylic paint in areas of the design to get more depth and mimic the pattern of the sarong. Then I topped with two coats of Seche Vite.